Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 (16 GB, WiFi 3G, Black)
- Brand: Samsung
- Type: Smartphones
- Operating System: Android
Description of Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 (16 GB, WiFi 3G, Black)
The Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB is Performance
The Samsung Galaxy S2 is the “Sequel” of the original Samsung Galaxy S. We have to admit it was the “talk” of the town. It had potential and gave Android a strong name in the market! In our opinion, Android owes the Galaxy S. Simply put, the Galaxy S2's performance is quite lovely! It's quick and performs all phone and multimedia functions lightning fast! The Samsung Galaxy S2's CPU is a Cortex A-9 Dual Core 1.2GHz , the GPU is a Mali-400MP with 1GB RAM. The internal memory comes with your choice of 16GB or 32GB of storage (this model we're reviewing is a 16GB). More so, it has a slot for micro SD memory card that supports up to 32GB of more memory. The Galaxy S2 easily keeps up with today's crowded mobile market and we think the Galaxy S2 is one of the best, if not the best, performing smart phones out there!
Awesome Key Points:
- 4.3"""" 16M-color Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch screen of WVGA (480 x 800 pixel) resolution
- Android OS v2.3.3 with TouchWiz 4 launcher. Upgradable to OS v4.0, 4.1
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos chipset, 1GB of RAM
- 8 MP wide-angle lens autofocus camera with LED flash, face, smile and blink detection
- 1080p HD video recording at 30fps
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g and n support
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; Digital compass
- Accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Charging MHL micro USB port with USB host and TV-out (1080p) support
- Stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- FM radio with RDS
- Great audio quality
- Extremely slim waistline at only 8.5mm and low weight (116g)
- 2MP secondary video-call camera
- Full Flash support and GPU-acceleration for the web browser permit 1080p flash video playback
- NFC support (optional, not without a software update)
- Document editor
- File manager comes preinstalled
- The richest video format support we have seen
With the Samsung Galaxy S2, you are 'Atlas', except the world is in your pocket!
Ever owned the Samsung Galaxy S? Or a similar Android smartphone? Do you still own the Galaxy S? Do you want to upgrade? Are you looking for something better and within the budget price? Are you tired of questions and nodding your head? Well, read on...
What makes the Galaxy S2 so special and how is it better than its predecessor?
Compared to the Galaxy S, the Galaxy S2 is a bit larger but slimmer! It is 3 grams lighter with the weight of 116g. The build quality is great, feels solid and fits really well while holding it.
It has three physical buttons:
- First button is the Home button located below the screen on the front side of the phone with 'back' and 'options' touch-sensitive keys on either side of the 'Home' button.
- Second button is located on the right side of the phone for lock/power functions.
- Third button is located on the left side of the phone which is the volume rocker.
High Quality Cameras and Vivid Touch Screen
On top of the phone you will find a 3.5mm jack input for earphones/headphones and sound filter. The micro USB input is found at the bottom and a lanyard eyelet on the left. The Samsung Galaxy S2 phone has a front facing 2MP camera next to the speaker phone grill and also includes the proximity light and ambience sensor. The screen is a very generous Super AMOLED 4.3 inches Touch Screen Gorilla Glass. The Rear Panel of the phone has 8MP camera with auto focus and LED Flash. The speaker is all the way on the bottom of the Back panel pumping out very good sound quality.
Overall the Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB phone looks very conservative and professional. We like that! The Galaxy S2 is neat, simple and elegant. Though the material that makes up the Galaxy S2 is made out of high quality plastics, it has a metal look and feel to it so it doesn't feel cheap nor of low quality.
Galaxy S2 micro-SD Slot
One thing that surprised us a bit was that the micro SD card was non-hot-swappable, meaning, there is no dedicated slot on the body of the phone. You will have to remove the back cover of the phone in order to remove or insert the memory card into the card slot. But the good news is that you can always use your micro USB cable to transfer and receive files if you don't want to use Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity. The Galaxy S2 supports USB on-the-go, hence, the file transfer is quick and easy without having to remove the memory card from the phone.
Galaxy S2 with Flash Support
Keeping in mind the Phone has beautiful screen resolution. With 4.3 inches, the apps, games, media, and even simply web browsing is awesome! Video playback is definitely one of the best we have seen so far. Thanks to its super AMOLED screen. Oh and did we mention the Galaxy S2 has flash support? No? Well, the Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB phone does support flash.
Camera and Media Highlights
The Galaxy S2's primary camera is no DSLR camera, but still effective for an indoor photoshoot. When it comes to taking outdoor photos, we had absolutely nothing to complain about. We were simply amazed. Our rating for it will definitely be 10/10. There is also a 2MP secondary (front-facing) camera which is obviously used for video-calling. The quality of video-calling was good but then again, it's a secondary camera so nothing to complain about that.
- Primary 8MP Front Camera
As mentioned earlier, the Galaxy S2 comes with a primary 8MP camera and we can sum it up with two words, it's great!
- Photo quality is surprisingly decent and of high quality.
- Picture size is 3264x2448 pixels.
- LED Flash is great for taking both indoor and outdoor photos.
- Photo Gallery
The photo gallery is where you will find all of your pictures taken from your camera. Both images and videos are nicely stored in an organized fashion. The Galaxy S2's photo gallery is standard to any other Android devices' gallery so no bells and whistles there. It's very much straight to the point.
- Music Player
The Galaxy S2's music player is decent, easy to use and straight to the point. Having the option to download your own cool music players in the Android market (Play Store) is the added bonus of Samsung phones running on Android. Download Real Player or even Winamp, it is totally up to you!
We have concluded that the Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB is a decent upgrade compared to many other phones within the same price range. And to be honest? We think the Galaxy S2 excels in many aspects and is still keeping up with today's markets! It's an Android 2.3 Gingerbread but it can be upgraded to 4.0 Ice cream sandwich and even the 4.1 Jellybean. So we reckon this phone will last with you and satisfy your needs long enough before you would need another upgrade. Get one today!
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 (16 GB, WiFi 3G, Black)
|Product Title:||Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 (16 GB, WiFi 3G, Black)|
|Brand:||Samsung Mobile Phones|
|Storage Capacity:||16 GB|