Dance Yourself into Shape with Zumba
Ditch your standard workout and bring a Zumba party right into your living room with Zumba Fitness for PlayStation 3. Zumba Fitness
is an program based on the national dance-based exercise craze, Zumba.
The secret of Zumba is its pairing of red-hot international dance steps
with sexy Latin music which blend together to create an addictively fun,
yet challenging exercise party focused on the joy of movement. The
popularity of the workout has led to packed gyms and community centers
all around the country, but now you and your workout/dance partners can
join the party at home via your PS3 and PlayStation Move controller
Zumba Fitness uses the motion sensing
capabilities of the PlayStation Move to bring steamy, calorie-burning
Zumba moves to the PS3. The game's primary play mechanic is the
replication by the player(s) in real-time of dance moves that are
demonstrated by an on-screen virtual instructor. Gameplay utilizes a
PlayStation Eye camera peripheral and a PlayStation Move motion
controller for each player. Freedom of movement is allowed by the
exclusive Move motion controller belt, included with the game, which the
controller slips into. On-screen color changes to a representation of
the player in-game alerts you to the accuracy of your moves, while a
countdown clock keeps you constantly updated on the time remaining in
the routine. Zumba Fitness also includes fan favorite Zumba
instructors Tanya, Gina and Zumba's creator Beto, who together guide you
through more than 30 routines that will make you forget you are even
exercising. Together with four-player support allowing friends join in
the workout and an ever-present, infectious Latin groove, players have
all that they need to dance the weight off and have a blast doing it.
PlayStation Move Motion Controller and PlayStation Eye
Equipped with a three axis gyroscope, a three axis accelerometer and
terrestrial magnetic field sensor, the PlayStation Move motion
controller registers the precise movements of the player, while the
PlayStation Eye camera peripheral, aimed at the player and his/her
controller, allows the PS3 system to translate this into usable 3D
oriented data. This can then be used to accurately and nearly instantly
recreate the player's physical movements in-game. The PlayStation Move
motion controller also features the familiar PlayStation controller
button orientation, for seamless play in every situation.
- Utilizes the PlayStation Move system to bring the Zumba Fitness experience home with you in the first interactive game based on the successful brand.
- Learn and perfect nine different dance styles: Reggaeton, Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Hip-Hop, Mambo, Rumba, Flamenco and Calypso.
- Includes more than 30 Zumba routines - some exclusive to the game.
- Follow your on-screen Zumba instructor's routine in a high voltage party atmosphere. As you fine tune the steps, the stage and party transforms in dynamic new ways.
- Strap the Zumba belt to your waist to turn the PlayStation Move motion controller into a hip motion sensor.
- Supports up to 4 players -- both locally and online -- as you team up and try to earn the highest workout score as a group or play against each other in Zumba Attack! Mode for the ultimate fitness dance off.
- Dance in a range of venues: learn the basics in the Zumba gym and then take the party to a fantasy night club, an industrial factory, a skyscraper rooftop and a futuristic Zumbathon stadium.
- Includes "Learn the Steps" training, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced routines for all skill levels.
- Dance steps learned can be taken with you if you attend a real Zumba class or on the dance floor at your next party.