Glutamine is one of the most versatile of all amino acids, and among the top aminos used by elite athletes. Among its many functions, glutamine detoxifies ammonia, regulates protein synthesis and protein degradation, functions as a nitrogen precursor and transfer, promotes cellular hydration,
Glutamine is one of the most versatile of all amino acids, and among the top aminos used by elite athletes. Among its many functions, glutamine detoxifies ammonia, regulates protein synthesis and protein degradation, functions as a nitrogen precursor and transfer, promotes cellular hydration, stimulates growth hormone production, maintains acid balance, boosts the immune system, is an energy precursor and increases glycogen production in the liver. In short, glutamine is both anabolic and anti-catabolic. Glutamine accounts for about 60% of the body’s total intramuscular free amino-acid pool and 20% of the total circulating amino acids. Unlike almost all other aminos, glutamine contains two nitrogen atoms. Because of this additional nitrogen atom, glutamine is called a nitrogen 'shuttle.' Glutamine transports nitrogen where the body needs it most.Product Features:
- Brand: Universal Nutrition
- Category Type: Amino Acids
- Product Size: 300 g
- Number of Servings: 60
- Product Form: Powders
- Serving Size: 5 g
- Directions to Use: Mix 1-2 rounded teaspoonful's in 8-12 oz. of your beverage of your choice. For optimal results, try using it in your favorite protein shake or meal replacement powder.
- Other Ingredients: Contains pure glutamine powder. Made in a GMP facility that uses milk, soy, egg, peanuts.
- Warning: This product is not for use by any individual under the age of 18. Please consult with a physician before using this product. Do not take this product if you have or are at a risk for any medical condition or disease, including but not limited to diabetes, asthma, depression, recurrent headaches, glaucoma, difficulty urinating, prostate enlargement, seizure disorder, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, heart disease, stroke, or are suffering from any inflammatory diseases. Be sure to talk to your doctor before using this product if you are using any prescription drug, over-the-counter medication, or dietary supplement. Not for use by children, geriatric patients, pregnant or nursing women. Immediately discontinue use and consult your healthcare professional if dizziness, sleeplessness, tremors, nervousness, agitation, headache, heart palpitations, or any other side effects occur. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery. The use of this product may be banned by some athletic associations. Athletes should consult with their sanctioning authority before use. Exercise good judgment and keep this out of reach of children. Store this product in a cool, dry place, away from heat, moisture and sunlight. Do not exceed recommended dose. Keep out of reach of children. Before beginning any program, consult your health care practitioner.