- The major physical difference between the Mi Band 3 and its predecessor is in the display. The Mi Band 2 had a touchscreen, but it also had a small navigation button under it. The Mi Band 3 replaces that with a full touchscreen,
- The major physical difference between the Mi Band 3 and its predecessor is in the display. The Mi Band 2 had a touchscreen, but it also had a small navigation button under it. The Mi Band 3 replaces that with a full touchscreen, a 0.78-inch OLED display – up from the 0.42-inch display on the Mi Band 2.
- The display sports a 128 x 80 pixel resolution, which is enough room to fit 26 Chinese characters on a single screen. Inside a 110 mAh battery a built-in heart monitor.
- All of these internals will survive in up to 50 meters of water, bringing it into waterproofing parity with the Fitbit Ionic and Versa. On the outside, you've got a new elastomer band that comes in your choice of blue, black or red.
Heart Rate Monitor
Improved pedometer algorithm
Xiaomi Mi Band 3: Design
- Xiaomi Mi Band 3: Fitness tracking The Mi Band 3's fitness tracking features start with the heart rate monitor, which has been optimistic for greater accuracy and now works all day long, giving you access to real-time changes in your heart rate.
- Xiaomi has also improved its pedometer algorithms to offer more accurate step counting. While you're working out, you'll also see real-time distance, duration and other related metrics.
- As for what workouts you'll be able to do, the standard set of running, cycling and walking is all here. You've got swimming in there too, thanks to the 5ATM rating, though it's not yet clear what kind of swim metrics we'll be seeing.
- You can also set your goals on your wrist and your Mi Band 3 will buzz when you're getting close to completing them, so you'll know when to give that extra push of effort.
- There's also sleep monitoring on board, the results of which you'll be able to view on the newly revamped companion app. The Mi Fit app also provides some of our favorite sleep tracking metrics, so it'll be interesting to see how this changes – if it changes. And, of course, there are inactivity reminders to get you off your butt and do something.
- Xiaomi Mi Band 3: Smart features That larger new display will let you see your messages a little better. In China, that means WeChat and QQ. Elsewhere in the world, that likely means WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- Of course, you'll also be getting notification support, Caller ID, alarm clocks and a raise-to-wake feature that will let you quickly glance at your stats for the day. New for the Mi Band 3 are three-day weather forecasts and a timer.
- If you've got an Android phone, you can use your Mi Band 3 to unlock your phone.